The new COVID protections allow us to still be open and operating. Some things have changed. Walk in appointments can no longer happen. We need you to ring up and organise an appointment if you need a face to face appointment. The QR codes are set up when you come in person. Appointments can held either via the phone or via a zoom meeting or in person by arrangement.
COVID infection protections for you:.
- Options to see you via telephone or video appointment or face to face by arrangement.
- If necessary signing of documents, swearing of affidavits and collection of documents can be done in a controlled minimal contact environment in the foyer of our building which we separately santinised for each client.
- Commitment to covid test if any symptoms or close contact symptoms or hotspot attendances by all staff.
- Commitment to covid vaccination by all eligible staff.
At all times we need to be mindful of how fragile the situation can be and how things can change overnight. How a traveller, guest or friend to our area may unknowingly be infected with COVID and due to a lack of precautionary behaviour cause a close contact situation.
We are continuing to deliver our services via telephone appointments and minimal contact as much as possible. We are now prepared to conduct face to face appointments by arrangement as required. You can request special consideration for a face to face appointment.
The feedback from our clients to the new style appointments has been:- “Extremely satisfied”, “Why haven’t we done this before” and “Fully supportive”. A lot of clients would start the appointment stating that this not going to work but by the end were comfortable, talkative and satisfied it did. It has also created some beneficial side effects:
- We can have an appointment with with someone in Warragul and Geelong at the same time on a conference call and avoid the need for either to have to spend time and money to travel to attend for a 30-40 minute appointment.
- We can have a probate affidavit sworn by someone in Cairns via a special video zoom conference rather than the time and expense of having to send the document via post to a solicitor in Cairns who would then have to take their affidavit.
- Court mediations have continued to occur via video conferences which has meant a client in Perth has been able to attend from there without having the cost in time and money to travel and potentially quarantine before returning home.
- Speaking to someone with a face mask on is difficult on the breathing, more uncomfortable and harder to hear than being able to talk freely over the phone or via zoom.
New Way of Wills and Powers of Attorney. There is the telephone appointment, a draft sent out and a further discussion confirming instructions before arranging a set time for execution of the documents. For the signing of the documents we have developed a minimal contact system to protect you. You attend our office at a prearranged time, the building will be unlocked to allow your entry. We sign in the foyer of the office which is sterilized and wiped clean after each appointment. We take your payment and provide copies for you or send via email.
Verhoeven & Curtain consists of the solicitors Michael Curtain, John Verhoeven (Consultant) and Robert Kiddell (Consultant).
Its solicitors, files and deeds relate back to the firms of Michael J Ryan & Co, Ryan Verhoeven & Horseman, Rennick Verhoeven and Delburn Lawyers.